Internal.io is shutting down
Internal.io, a platform that many have come to rely on, is facing the challenging decision to sunset its services. While the official announcement is yet to be made, existing customers and users have been informed. As their contemporaries in the low-code industry, we want to express our understanding of the challenges this decision may present to Internal.io users.
The Future of LCNC: Trends and Predictions
As we navigate this period of change, reflecting on trends and predictions in the low-code space is crucial. The rise in business technologists and a growing number of enterprise-wide hyperautomation and composable business initiatives will accelerate the adoption of low-code technologies through 2026, according to Gartner. In this dynamic market, the importance of building custom internal tools, apps, and workflows remains paramount for business success.
As Internal.io prepares to sunset its services, it prompts us to reflect on the broader shifts in the LCNC space and underscores the importance of choosing a platform that stands the test of time.
Detailed comparison: DronaHQ vs Internal.io
|UI builder and apps|
2 editors – Simple and Advanced (CSS friendly)
Header, Screen, Pop up, Menu, Drawer/Tray
|Single screen type|
|Templates||Ready templates for different screen types||Not available|
|Mobile||Same apps can be for mobile and web|
|Visual action flows||Available||Not available|
|Step-by-step debugging of action flows||Available||Not available|
|Form repeats – self-repeating forms||Available||Not available|
|Tab index||Available||Not available|
|Assistive AI in queries and JS||Available||Not available|
|Data environments||Unlimited||Staging, prod|
|Auto-generate CRUD and forms||Available on SQL databases||Not available|
|Automation||Available||Only Schedule based|
|PDF Creator||Available||Not available|
|Databases||Standard + IAM role (self-hosted) + existing SSH keys.||Standard|
|REST, SOAP, GraphQL||Standard||Standard|
|API auth methods||Standard + JWT, NTLM, Hawk, oAuth 1.0a, Digest, PKCE, etc.||Standard|
|Multi-step auth||All above auth + JS code||Custom auth|
|Ready APIs||Slack, Google Sheets, Airtable, Salesforce, Twilio, AWS etc.||Limited options.|
|User management and ecosystem|
|SSO||OIDC, SAML, Google, and Custom in cloud and self-hosted.||SAML, okta|
|User roles||Owner, admin, user||Admin, user|
|Permissions||User and group-based including granularity of environments.||Limited permissions|
|Branding||Available from business plan onwards||Not available|
|App Catalog||Multiple groups – show different apps||Not available|
|App and user analytics||Available||Not available|
|Different creator and user portals||Available||Not available|
|Advanced security options||IP whitelisting, device restrictions, etc.||Not available|
|Help & Support|
First to offer 24*7 on-call assistance for customers
DronaHQ: Reliable and extensible low-code platform
In the dynamic landscape of technology, change is the only constant. In light of the recent announcement about Internal.io’s shutting down, we understand the challenges that users may be facing in finding a new home for their applications. At DronaHQ, we extend a warm invitation to Internal.io users seeking a reliable and innovative low-code platform.
Migrate from Internal.io to DronaHQ:
- Everything Internal.io + DronaHQ Superpowers (Fair pricing for your use case, powerful add-ons, customizations, better UI)
- Partners to help you migrate multiple apps
Share your Internal.io web app’s public URL with us and we’ll show you how quickly and seamlessly you can have those apps up and running with DronaHQ
DronaHQ gives a secure, flexible, and feature-rich solution, offering a considerate and seamless migration with minimal disruption to your operation.
- Established Legacy: DronaHQ, with its inception in 2007, has stood the test of time, gaining the trust of enterprises globally; providing a secure and reliable low-code environment.
- Innovative Pricing Models: One size doesn’t fit all, especially when it comes to pricing. We have recently launched New Pricing Plans, including developer-only plans, a game-changing initiative in the low-code landscape. Choose from user-based pricing, usage-based pricing, or a developer-only pricing model, where end-users go free. This flexibility eliminates any pricing-related obstacles, ensuring you pay for what you need and nothing more.
- Extensive Component Library: DronaHQ boasts a rich library of over 150 comprehensive UI components, including a powerful table grid component. 70 ready-to-use API and database connectors for accelerated integration.
- Unmatched Flexibility and Customization: DronaHQ platform provides a high level of flexibility, allowing developers to extend app functionality, create custom UI elements, and mold applications to specific requirements. Apps can be branded and white-labeled in a few clicks.
Plan Migration from Internal.io
Change indeed is the only constant, but with the right partner, the possibilities are limitless.
We understand the challenges involved in transitioning between platforms and offer our resources and expert support to help you manage the change seamlessly. We believe you’ll find the transition to our platform worthwhile.
Schedule a call with us to discuss a tailored migration plan that aligns with your unique needs or needs help in evaluating platforms.