[PRODUCT UPDATE] USER ON-BOARDING,API’S TO RIGGER TASKS IN WORKFLOWS
We’re pleased to announce new features/changes on Studio (staging) published in this week. Following are the details about these features:
- New task – API – has been introduced in Workflow to trigger registered APIs
- TASK ID has been introduced in Input, Approval task.
Task ID is a unique, auto-generated, id representing a task (i.e. Input Task, Approval Task or API task). Task ID can be used in any subsequent tasks to refer to data created in the current task.
Example, let’s say in a workflow,
The first task is an Input Task which will have Task ID – TID_1.
The second task is an Update Task
The third task is an Approval Task which will have Task ID as – TID_2.
Now on approval or reject, if you want to access data from the first Input Task, you can access it using Task ID i.e. TID_1.<columnname>, where column name is column whose data has been submitted via the first task.
- User Onboarding has been introduced when the user logs into Studio for the first time. These on-boarding screen can also be viewed on clicking Help icon on app builder page.
- Additional Left/Right icon has been added on-screen header when you add a new screen. This additional icon is known as Secondary Left/Right Icon and works the same as the original Left/Right icon.
- Image Control: You can now populate image control using formulas
- USERS sheet can be accessed using formulas in the controls.
- New KEYWORDS have been introduced in Workflows with TID as a prefix.
The newly added Keywords are –
INPUTAT – The time at which the user submitted the data
INPUTBY – User’s email who as submitted the data
INPUTBYEMAIL – User’s email who as submitted the data
INPUTBYNAME – User’s Full NameThese keywords need to be prefixed by either – INITIATED. or TID.
e.g. INITIATED.INPUTBYEMAIL or TID_2.INPUTAT
Please Note – All existing keywords (e.g. LASTINPUT) are deprecated and will no longer work. You will need to modify your existing workflow to accommodate new keywords
- Time picker: Time picker shows 12:00 AM instead of 12:00 PM.
- Screen thumbnails have been introduced on the screen list page
- Sheet Lookup UI has been modified based on the type of data is fetched. (Hint – the way data is displayed in Sheets, similarly, you will see it in Sheet Lookup UI)
For the curious souls, here is a signup for early access to DronaHQ Low code platform . Please reach out to me if you would like to know anything specific on Low code/ No Code capability.
Sign Up Now!
and share this blog item