[PRODUCT UPDATE] API REGISTRATION AND ACTION CONTROL
We’re pleased to announce new features/changes on Studio (staging) published in this week. Following are the details about these features:
- API registration added in Studio and can be used through actions in the Action control.
- You will find a new option/tab on the leftmost pane on the app builder page just below the Rules. When you click on API, you can add/edit external API in the same Microapp. You need to add the APIs which are already added through API module (shown on home screen) to be used in the microapp.
You can then call any external API using CALLAPI() action in the Actions button.
Actions are enabled for Action control.
- Now you can specify action events that will be triggered when the Action control is clicked. In other words, you can have customized action events on click of Action control.
Currently, the following actions event are supported in Actions formula.
1) EXITAPP() – This action will exit from the current microapp.
2) NAVIGATE() – Navigate to a specific screen in the application, it requires 3 parameters:
1) Screen name to navigate
2) Validation(1/0):[1: With page validation], [0: No Page validation]
3) Transition animation (1/2/3/4): [1: Slide to right], [2: Slide to left], [3: Slide to Bottom], [4: Slide to Top]
E.g. NAVIGATE(“Screen Name”,1/0,1/2/3/4)
3) CALL() – It is used to call the specified number. This will open system Dialler Application with the number populated on the dialer. It requires a valid phone number
e.g. CALL(“+91 22-6758-1740”)
4) SMS() – SMS() is used to send a text message, This will open the system messaging application with the message & number populated on the compose message screen. It requires 2 parameters: 1) Mobile Number & 2) Text message
e.g. SMS(“+919226758174″,”This is Staging release notes.”)
5) EMAIL() – It is used to send Email to specific Email ID. This Will open the phone’s Email App to send Email with the corresponding message and email id populated on the compose email screen. This formula requires 3 parameters: 1)Recipient’s Email ID, 2) Subject & 3) Email Body
e.g. EMAIL(“email@example.com“,”Test Email Subject”,”Test Email Body”)
6) CALLAPI() – It is used to call the registered API. The API that is added in the microapp can be used as a parameter to this formula.
Note – You can add multiple actions on an Actions control which will execute/trigger in the order in which they are written in the Action control.
- Settings have been introduced – These are the same settings as in DronaHQ Console. You can find the Settings option when you click on the profile icon on the Studio home screen.
For the curious souls, here is a signup for early access to DronaHQ Low code platform . Please reach out to me if you would like to know anything specific on Low code/ No Code capability.
Sign Up Now!
and share this blog item